Thursday, October 13, 2016

Veiled In Blue


I have to talk about my new release today. In the past, I used to find it really hard to get the word out about new books, but somebody said to me, “If they don’t know it’s there, they can’t buy it,” and by jingo, she was right.
But this is a bit more than a “buy my book” which I still don’t like doing.
While Veiled In Blue is the sixth book in a series, it can be read as a standalone. It’s part of a series because there’s a theme and a family underlying the whole series, but the theme is easy enough. It’s part of my “Emperors of London” series, about a family’s secret fight against the people who would put the Stuarts back on the throne.
In search of one of the secret children of the Old Pretender, the startlingly named Julius Caesar, Lord Winterton, drops the title and slips into the little village of Appleton, where he meets his fate. Eve Merton is the daughter of the last vicar of Appleton, and she lives in genteel poverty with her mother. Originally Eve had a sister, but she got so whiny and didn’t actually do anything, so I got rid of her. Because that’s how I roll. I was sorry for her, but she had to go.
Anyway, after an excruciating journey to the village, where Eve has an unfortunate effect on Julius, he gets to work. In the small community he discovers spies and highwaymen, and renews his friendship with his cousin Alex, who has retired to a grand house nearby with his wife. He has his hands full, not least with Eve.
Every time I start these books I have a detailed plan. Then, when I get about halfway through, I have to stop and re-plan. In this one, I had to keep Julius and Eve’s hands off one another, which was something of a shock. But I had to cope with her, and accommodate her. People often ask how much sex to put into a book, and if there should be sex in historicals at all, and sometimes mine are a bit sexier than the norm. I can only say that I let my characters control that part of their lives. In some of my books, they don’t get it on for a long time, and in others, they’re at it like bunnies. Since Julius is a gentleman, and Eve doesn’t trust her feelings, I managed to keep them apart, but sometimes I felt like a referee in a boxing ring, separating them!
There’s only one more book in this series to go, and then it’s taking a break.
However…
I am writing a trilogy about the Strenshalls, another part of the Emperors of London family. In this series, “Those Scandalous Shaws,” they don’t concentrate on discovering the children of the Old Pretender, but they have other problems to solve. But that’s for next year. Now here’s the information about “Veiled In Blue.”
I thank you.

The Emperors of London, Book 6

Buy the Book and read an extract:
Publisher – Kensington Books
Amazon USA
Amazon UK
iTunes
Kobo
Barnes and Noble Nook
Google Play Store
It is up to the Emperors of London to protect the throne—without risking their hearts…Governess Eve Merton would have fallen into serious trouble on her walk home if a handsome stranger had not stopped to help her. But when Mr. Vernon gives her a lift on his horse, he makes no secret of his attraction. As a well brought-up young lady, Eve does her best not to notice, but when he sets about courting her, she knows she’s in trouble. For she has a secret: she is the daughter of a deposed king, which means not only is she without a dowry, but also that her life is in danger…
Little does Eve know that Mr. Vernon has secrets of his own. In truth, his name is Julius, Lord Winterton, and he’s well aware that Eve is the offspring of the Old Pretender. In order to save his sister, he must convince Eve to wed—though he wants nothing to do with love. But as the two grow closer and an attempt is made on Eve’s life, Julius may realize that fighting his heart’s true desire is a battle most pleasurably surrendered…

Click here to read Chapter One


2 comments:

Elizabeth Hawksley said...

I love the sound of this book, Lynne. Good luck with it.

meegu2008 said...


Thank you for sharing such an amazing and informative post. Really enjoyed reading it. :)nice articles...Please read this article.... FREE HEALTH TIPS