Sunday, September 23, 2012

'Marry in Haste' - E-book Release


Like Jane’s novels (see post dated 17th September), one of my Regency novellas is getting a new lease of life.  Marry in Haste has been released for Kindle and I’m thrilled to have it out there again, so easily available for download.

This is one of those stories that’s been through a lot.  It was actually the very first thing I ever wrote and started life as a potential Mills & Boon historical.  Back then I was naive enough to think I could “dash off” an M & B novel without any problems, but of course that wasn’t the case and I learned my lesson.  Many years later, I went back to it and (being somewhat wiser) cut it down to novella size.  Luckily it was then accepted for publication by D C Thomson’s My Weekly Pocket Novel series and later as a large print novella.

However, it’s great to be moving with the times and I hope that it will appeal to fans of the Regency genre who perhaps fancy a shorter story to fill the time in between longer ones.  Here is the blurb:-

‘I need to marry, and I need to marry at once!’

When James, Viscount Demarr confides in an acquaintance at a ball one evening, he has no idea that the potential solution to his problems stands so close at hand …

Amelia Ravenscroft is the granddaughter of an earl and is desperate to escape her aunt’s home where she has endured a life of drudgery, whilst fighting off the increasingly bold advances of her lecherous cousin.  She boldly proposes a marriage of convenience.

And Amelia soon proves herself a perfect fit for the role of Lady Demarr­­­. But James has doubts and his blossoming feelings are blighted by suspicions regarding Amelia’s past.

Will they find, all too painfully, that to marry in haste is to repent at leisure?

Buy links:-

Christina Courtenay

4 comments:

Gail Mallin said...

it's a great title, isn't it, Christina? I used it for one of my Mills & Boon Historicals, which was a Regency with a marriage of convenience plot too. That story was full-length and partly set in Wales. I'll look out for your novella, I quite like shorter stories.

Christina Courtenay said...

Thank you, Gail! I'll try to find yours too - love all Regencies but the ones with a marriage of convenience are always fun :)

Fenella J Miller said...

Christina - I remember the book -think it's still on my shelf. Choc -Lit are doing well for you.

Christina Courtenay said...

Thank you, Fenella, yes it's great to have it out as an e-book now!