Thursday, April 09, 2009

Miss Bennet & Mr Bingley


This is the cover of my latest book - Miss Bennet & Mr Bingley. I am thrilled with it- many thanks to Jane Odiwe for doing this for me. Publishing this book has been fraught with difficulties - it's as if someone doesn't want it to be seen. After many hours spent removing various glitches from the manuscript I proudly released it on the world - only to discover that there was a line of total gibberish on the first page. When I'd been reading it through I'd spoken to my husband with my voice recognition still turned on. I had to remove the book from circulation and start the process all over again. I eagerly awaited the final, final proof copy to arrive. To my horror (and amusement) it arrived with an extra book attached to the end. I don't think fans of Jane Austen would appreciate reading the views of 'the democratic left', do you?
Now I have to wait, again, for another proof copy to be sent in order to get it back into the distribution system. Hopefully Miss Bennet & Mr Bingley will be available not only on Lulu.com, but also everywhere else, by the end of the month.
I would also like to tell you about my new website. The wonderful Aimee Fry, of siteamigo, redesigned it for me. I think it's perfect for a historical novelist. Please go and have a look and see what you think.
www.fenellajmiller.co.uk
Fenella Miller

3 comments:

escapewithabook said...

I love your new website Fenella. A pleasure to navigate.

I also know how annoying it can be trying to get the glitches out of ebooks and paperbacks. We have just started publication of our first 2 novels and it's been fraught with hiccups!

We got there eventually though, and it's reassuring when it all finally comes together! Glad it's not just us who have these problems!

Julia

monica fairview said...

Congratulations, Fenella! I love the cover.

I can't wait to read your novel, but I have to wait until I finish writing my next Darcy novel, alas!

I'm so pleased for you.

Fenella J Miller said...

I can't wait to see it myself!! The final proof copy is now in the post and hopefully everything will be OK this time.
I'm looking forward to reading 'The Other Mr Darcy' in June.
Fenella