Thursday, July 19, 2007

Happy News

Hello everyone,

I'm delighted to report that I've just received the draft design for my latest book, Devil's Prize, to be published by Robert Hale later this year. It's always exciting to see the artist's idea of my characters, distilled from the blurb and descriptions I send in so she has an idea of what the book is about and who the main characters are. I'm really delighted with this draft. She has captured perfectly the essence of the characters - especially Devlin Varcoe - the Devil of the title! Now I'm looking forward to seeing the finished jacket in colour.

I expect to receive the copy edits shortly. Then, in a few weeks, the proofs will arrive. Finally, in a few months' time, I will have in my hands not two-inch thick wad of typed pages, but a book that looks like a book, complete with colourful and eye-catching jacket. This is the most marvellous feeling, and even though this will be my 24th published book, the excitement is as strong now as it was the first time.

Meanwhile, I've started work on a new one. And, just as with each of the previous ones, I really do believe that this will be the best yet!
Enjoy your reading.
With best wishes from Jane Jackson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, action-packed cover, Jane. I think the hero is modelled on Gregory Peck in his hey day (or is that going back too far?)