Thursday, October 26, 2006

Embracing the World-Wide Web

Having seen the publication of my first two novels, and being aware that the third will see the light of day next February, I decided it was high time I got myself up to date and commissioned my own website. The decision was taken reluctantly, since I'm a self-confessed techno-phobe, easily put off by things I don't understand. It was easy to find excuses not to take that final step but, having run out of reasons to procrastinate, http://www.wendysoliman.com is now out there, somewhere in cyber-space. Do have a look at it and let me know what you think.

The whole process left me wondering how we ever managed to do anything without the web. Apart from us novelists being able to promote the finished product, I am also able to do all the research for my books from wherever I happen to be in the world, simply at the press of a button. It might make for a solitary existance but it sure saves on time and shoe-leather!

Ain't technology wonderful!

Wendy Soliman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy

Congratulations on your website, it is clear and easy to find your way around. It is also great to be able to put a face to a name.